Past Events 2016
- The Carolina Hurricanes approved a $25,000 grant to help military kids in North Carolina play hockey!
- Pure Hockey recently donated nearly $25,000 TO UNITED HEROES LEAGUE. Check out the story of how Easton Hockey joined with them to make an RG line of camo gear. Proceeds from the sales of the camo gear go TO UNITED HEROES LEAGUE.
- Marines Ice Hockey team and the Guns and Hoses tournament are proud to partner with Total Hockey to sponser a used equipment drive beginning April 7, 2016 in Lewisville, TX. Click here to view flyer for more info.
- Military Appreciation Night: March 12, 2016 – Defending the Blue Line and the Florida Panthers partnered up to help the local military families of South Florida to provide their children with sports equipment. Click to view the flyer.
- Let’s Play Hockey Expo: March 4-5, 2016. United Heroes League was attended the expo.
Brackets For Good is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that helps build awareness, raise funds, and expand marketing capabilities for local nonprofits through competitive, online fundraising tournaments. Unfortunately we fell out of the standings in the 3rd round. Thank you to everyone who helped us to get that far. Nonprofits participate at no cost and retain 100% of the donations raised during the tournament, regardless of advancement. The tournament champion in each city will also receive a grand prize donation from the title sponsor. The six-round tournament takes place over five weeks beginning on the last Friday in February and ending on the first Friday of April, with each of the first four rounds lasting a full week and the semifinal and championship round each lasting three days.
- February 4, 2016
Washington Capitals Military Night and Camo Jersey Auction: Jerseys and other hockey items from the Washington Capitals were up for bid after their military night to help support Defending The Blue Line.
- Dallas Stars game worn BOXX modular alumni game jerseys were up for auction with proceeds benefitting United Heroes League.
- February 2016
Pittsburgh Total Hockey: All Pittsburgh stores offered 10% off purchases for those bringing in equipment to donate.
- Granite City LumberJacks Hockey teamed up with Defending The Blue Line for Military Appreciation Night on February 20, 2016.
- February 2016
San Jose Barracudas: The Barracudas auctioned off Jerseys to benefit United Heroes League.
- January 29, 2016
Rutgers Ice Hockey Military Night: Rutgers University teamed up with Defending The Blue Line for Military night. The event was held at Proskate Ice Arena in Monmouth Junction, New Jersey.
- January 29, 2016
Notre Dame Teams Up With Defending The Blue Line: The Irish helped to raise funds for United Heroes League. Warm up jerseys were auctioned off for this event.
- January 24, 2016
Bergen Catholic High School: A Military Appreciation Night was held at the Ice Vault in Wayne, New Jersey. They played against the Christian Brothers Academy. A Military Color Guard and a bagpiper performed along with the honoring of veterans and currently serving alumni. A tee shirt sale, chuck a puck, and an equipment drive all benefited United Heroes League.
- January 15, 2016
Iona Prep Hockey: The school raised $16,000 for Defending The Blue Line, to read more about it click here.
- Bring Hockey Back sold The People’s All-Star shirt with part of the proceeds going to Defending The Blue Line.
- Timberwolves tickets provided by Draft Kings: In the beginning of 2016 discounted Timberwolves tickets were available for those serving.