Here are a few of United Heroes League’s special news stories through the years:
- Washington Capitals, Paxton Companies, and United Heroes League Team Up to Support Military Families – October 2015
- Minnesota Wild Defenseman Matt Dumba Launches “Dumba’s Hits for Heroes” To Benefit United Heroes League
- United Heroes League Helps Facilitate Minnesota Made Mask in the Armed Forces Game Against Canada During 2015 Hockey Day Minnesota
- Burns Brings Goals & Dreams to San Jose – An NHLPA article on Brent & Susan Burns, and the NHLPA Goals & Dreams program
- Keeping Military Families in the Game – An ESPN NHL Interview With Wade Scott Who Was Shot on a Hostage Rescue Mission – November 11, 2014
- California National Guard Awards Commendation Medals to San Jose Sharks Brent Burns and United Heroes League president and founder Shane Hudella – November 1, 2014
- Danny Doesn’t Skate Traditionally, He Received A New Sled From United Heroes League – September 2014
- Airman 1st Class Joshua Hanson, 386th Expeditionary Communication Squadron, developed a proposal to construct a near arena-size hockey rink at an undisclosed location in Southwest Asia
- Leap of Faith: The military story of SFC Wade Scott and United Heroes League’s move to a new warehouse
- Lest We Forget – The NHLPA.com and several pro players recognize United Heroes League® and how it helps military families with hockey – November 11, 2013
- Captain Matthew Lunn, United Heroes League Tampa, Florida area program manager’s story about his mission on getting United Heroes League known in Florida.
- Canes and United Heroes League Celebrate “Keeping Fort Bragg Ice Rink Alive” with Clinics for military kids – April 2013
- Helping Hands – Defending the Blue Line® helps kids of servicemen stay connected to the greatest sport on Earth. An article from The Fourth Period – April 2013
- Hastings – based non-profit continues rapid growth, Shane Hudella, stands in front of Air Force Two, which he flew on to Afghanistan in December – March 2013
- United Heroes League Makes Presentation at Minnesota Adjutant General’s Town Hall Meeting in Hastings – December 13, 2012
- Ducks and United Heroes League Visit Marine Corps Air Station Miramar with United Heroes League – August 2012
- Giving Kids A Shot – A Hastings nonprofit is getting national attention for providing gear and funds to help the kids of military families play hockey
Youth Hockey News
United Heroes League provides grants for hockey association fees for military children so that they can continue with their love of hockey. Youth hockey associations and individuals have helped United Heroes League to provide these grants by running gear drives, bake sales, and other events.
Young people from all over the nation have come forward with donations for United Heroes League and their stories are awesome! Many of the military children who have benefited from these donations also have provided us with stories and photos. Thanks to all of our young supporters! Check out their stories!
- Farmington, Minnesota Youth Hockey Association helps out at United Heroes League office – November 19, 2013
- Osseo – Maple Grove MN Mite II Team Does Push-ups for United Heroes League – March 2013
- Hockey Day in Andover – January 24, 2013