Nominate your Military Hero for a chance to send them on a once in a lifetime trip to San Jose, CA to attend the 2019 Honda NHL® All Star Game!
The National Hockey League Players’ Association (NHLPA) has long supported the great men and women who serve the United States and Canadian Armed Forces and we have once again partnered with the NHLPA through the NHLPA Goals & Dreams program to create a lifelong memory for a select group of Service Members. This initiative represents the special bond between NHLPA members and the military families that give them the daily freedom to play the greatest game on earth. This unique experience will further solidify the support and respect extended by NHLPA members to the United States and Canadian Military families. Tell us about your special Military Hero and they could win an experience of a lifetime!
There is really only one question left unanswered… “Who’s YOUR All-Star Hero?”
What: Contest for a chance to win a once in a lifetime trip to the 2019 NHL All-Star Game and 2019 NHL All-Star Skills
Where: San Jose, California
When: January 24th– 27th, 2019
Who: Four (4) winners: one (1) Service Member (or his/her immediate family member) plus one (1) minor child (age 5-17) of the winning Service Member or for which the winning Service Member is the legal guardian for each of the four (4) geographical regions in US and Canada set out in the Official Rules.
How: Complete and submit the online form below to nominate a Military Service Member (or his/her immediate family member) who deserves this once in a lifetime experience with their child.
Open/Close of Contest: Contest closed Sunday, December 16th, 2018 at 3:00PM CST. We are no longer accepting nominations. Winners will be selected and notified between December 20th and 23rd, 2018.
Four (4) Prize Packages Given:
- The United Heroes League (UHL) will provide each winner a prize package consisting of:
- Two (2) round trip airline tickets (economy class) for the Service Member (or his/her immediate family member) and their child.
- Two (2) tickets to the 2019 NHL All-Star Skills
- Two (2) tickets to the 2019 NHL All-Star Game
- Hotel accommodations for two (2) in the San Jose, CA area
- Transportation to and from the airport, hotel, and 2019 NHL All-Star Game venue
- NHLPA & UHL swag basket
- Special once in a lifetime experiences of meeting and mingling with NHLPA members!
Contest Details and Official Rules:
- One (1) Service Member (or his/her immediate family member) will be chosen from each of the four geographical regions set out below along with one (1) of their minor children (or child for which they are the legal guardian) between the ages of 5-17. If the winning Service Member (or his/her immediate family member) does not have a minor child (or is not the legal guardian of a minor child) between the ages of 5-17, such Service Member (or his/her immediate family member) shall choose another child between the ages of 5-17, provided that such Service Member (or his/her immediate family member) shall obtain the prior written consent of the parent or legal guardian of such minor child. If the winning Service member (or his/her immediate family member) cannot choose a minor child (or cannot receive consent), then UHL reserves the right to award the prize to a different Service member (or his/her immediate family member).
- Contest is open to legal residents in the US and Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec and where prohibited), 18 years old or older as of the time of entry.
- The four (4) geographical regions in this contest are:
- Pacific Region
- AB, AK, AZ, BC, CA, CO, HI, ID, MT, NM, NT, NV, OR, UT, WA, WY, YT
- Central Region
- AL, AR, FL, IA, IN, KY, KS, LA, MB, MI, MN, MO, MS, ND, NE, NU, OH, OK, SD, SK, TN, TX, WI
- Atlantic Region
- CT, MA, ME, NB, NH, NL, NS, ON, PE, QC, RI, VT
- Metropolitan Region
- DC, DE, FL, GA, MD, NC, NJ, NY, PA, SC, VA, WV
- Pacific Region
- Nominees must be (i) Service Members from either the US or Canada; (ii) currently serving (active duty or reserve component) or honorably discharged veterans; (iii) deployed one or more times; and (iv) members of any branch of military service. In addition, nominees may also include immediate family members* of a Service Member who has been killed in action.
*Immediate family member of killed in action Service Member is defined as surviving spouse/partner of the deceased Service Member. If no surviving spouse/partner, then legal guardian of Service Member’s minor child(ren) becomes eligible.
- This contest is open to all Service Members (and immediate family members) without regard to race, creed, religion, ethnicity, or sexual orientation.
- Contest is open Monday, December 3rd, 2018 at (Noon) 12:00PM Central Standard Time (“CST”).
- Contest closes Sunday, December 16th, 2018 at 3:00PM CST.
- Submissions must be received via the electronic submission portal below.
- Potential winners will be selected and notified between December 20th and 23rd, 2018.
- Each potential winner will be notified by email. If a potential winner (i) does not respond within 24 hours of the first contact attempt by UHL; (ii) refuses or is unable to accept the prize; or (iii) fails or refuses to complete any required documentation provided by UHL, the potential winner shall forfeit all rights to win any prize and an alternate potential winner will be selected by UHL in its sole discretion.
- Selection of the winners will be conducted by UHL.
- Service Members (or their immediate family members) MUST be available to attend the 2019 NHL All-Star Game and 2019 NHL All-Star Skills and be available for travel from January 24thto the 27th of 2019 in order to be considered.
- Service Members’ (or their immediate family members’) minor child must be between the ages of 5 and 17 years old at the time of the 2019 NHL All-Star Game.
- Winner (and guest) will be responsible for all other expenses and transportation not included in the prize description (i.e. travel/medical insurance, baggage check, meals, taxes, incidentals at the hotel, etc.).
- Travel arrangements are at the sole discretion of UHL.
- Anyone 18 years old or older as of the time of entry can submit a nominee as their All-Star Hero. You do not need to be in the military to submit a Service Member (or his/her immediate family member) for consideration.
- The nominated Service Member (or his/her immediate family member) is the winner, not the individual submitting the nomination.
- Service Member (or his/her immediate family member) and child must sign a liability and publicity waiver before a prize will be awarded.
- Each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless UHL, the NHLPA, the National Hockey League and its member clubs, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, employees, agents, representatives, subsidiaries, and affiliates from and against any and all claims, liability, injuries, loss or damage arising, directly or indirectly, in connection with such entrant’s participation in this contest.
- UHL will not be responsible for incomplete entries or entries sent to but not received by UHL. All entries including the nomination and the narrative become property of UHL and shall not be returned.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received and judging/scoring criteria of the submitted nominations, as determined by UHL in its sole discretion. Judging will be scored out of a maximum of one hundred (100) points. Up to fifty (50) points will be awarded for the narrative section on compelling stories, heroism and sacrifice. Up to thirty (30) points will be awarded based on status. Up to twenty (20) points will be awarded based on years of service. The nomination with the highest overall point total in each of the four (4) geographical regions will be declared a winner of the prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these official rules). In the event of a tie, the tied nominations will be re-judged based on the criteria set forth above to declare a potential winner.
- No purchase or donation required. Any donation made does not enhance odds of winning.
- Approximate Retail Value of each prize is $2,000 USD.
- UHL is the sponsor of this contest.
- UHL may substitute prizes of equal or greater value in its sole discretion, and no prizes will be transferrable, assignable or redeemable for cash except with the written consent of UHL. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that UHL determines, in its sole discretion, that the winner and his/her minor guest do not require airline transportation to attend the events set out in these official rules, UHL will arrange for alternative transportation at no cost to the winner and his/her guest. In no event shall the winner and his/her guest be entitled to the difference in value between such alternative means of transportation and airline transportation described above.
- Resale of the tickets is prohibited.
- Void where prohibited.
NHLPA and the NHLPA logo are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League Players’ Association. © NHLPA. All rights reserved.
NHL trademarks used with permission. © NHL. All rights reserved.